Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My dear Hungarian friends

My friends Erika and Gyongyi were here from California over the weekend to attend their St. Mary's alumni event and they came over for dinner on Sunday.  I haven't seen Gyongyi in 3 years (in March of 2007 she was back home retracing her arrival in America and celebrating 50 years since that arrival)  and I haven't seen Erika since I was about 8 years old.  I was thrilled to be able to get together with them and talk about the old days.  And I was sad to see them leave.


Then.....              (Erika is second from left, Gyongyi is in back, and that is me on the right)


And now!  I am so blessed that God found a way to reunite us after all of these years.  Two very sweet and special ladies.  They came to America as children a little over fifty years ago, their parents seeking a better life.  They became Americans!  They know first hand how blessed we are as a nation and the pain and grief that socialism brings, and we would all do well to remember that, also!

No comments:

Post a Comment