Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again








Went riding yesterday at Strawtown Koteewi Prairie Park with a friend.  It has been over ten years since I have ridden and I was so out of shape and practice but my friend was very patient and helped me out so much.  It gave me the "I want a horse" fever.  But you know who (husband) said NO!.  Oh well, maybe someday!

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved horses, Ellen, from the time I was a kid. I wrote a blog post about it once when I wrote about a rescue Great Dane that we owned, saying that because of her size I was probably trying to fulfill my lifelong dream of owning a horse. I hope you do get to own a horse some day, and I'm glad you are back in the saddle again. Of course, your post brought up memories of my Dad, again. Money was very tight when we were kids, but because of my love of horses, he and my mom paid for horseback riding lessons for me at a stable that was about a half hour from our home, and Dad would drive me there every Saturday morning for lessons.

    I also had to tell you that because of your comment, I went back and edited my dad's post to include the Chipmunk photo. How could I have left that out? Thank you for your thoughtful reminder :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete